Living with Celiac Disease; A Real Life Story!
This website is a personal story about celiac disease (also named ceoliac disease) and our 16 year old son (Nick) who was diagnosed with celiac disease (CD) at the age of 8. We are happy to say that Nick is living a very happy and healthy life!
So what do we really hope to accomplish with Nick's story and the information on our site?
Our goal with this site is to share our personal experiences about how Nick deals with CD every day. Over the past 8 years, our family has acquired valuable insight of how Nick deals with the day to day challenges that CD has to offer such as his intolerance to the gluten protein which can be found in wheat, rye and barley.
We realize that there are many excellent informative websites out there that define exactly what CD is and also provide a thorough understanding of the medical issues surronding the disease.
However, we do not claim to be experts on celiac disease, rather we claim to be experts when it comes to supporting a family member that has to live with it! We want to invite you into our life to show you how we help Nick overcome some of these daily challenges that he faces.
Through Nick's story, we will discuss how he maintains a strict gluten free diet and how he overcomes and conquers specific daily challenges that a gluten free diet will often present.
Also through Nick's personal story you will learn about his celiac symptoms, his diagnosis, his mis-diagnosis, his favorite gluten free foods, where we shop for GF food, and his favorite gluten free restaurants.
We will even discuss how he deals with eating gluten free at sports stadiums, at birthday parties, during school lunches, on vacation at places like Walt Disney World, family barbecues and holidays.
We will also describe a bad situation involving gluten contamination that Nick encountered right after he was first diagnosed.
We also want YOU our visitors to share your personal stories about living with CD. We want this site to be informative for everyone and for all of us to learn from each other.
Thanks for visiting our site. We hope you found it useful, interesting and informative!
If you like what you see on this page...PIN IT to your Pinterest Board!Pin It
- What is Celiac Disease?
- Understanding Celiac Disease and its effects on the digestive system.
- Celiac Disease Most Common Symptoms
- What are the most common symptoms of celiac disease?
- Celiac Disease Testing and Diagnosis
- How do doctors diagnose celiac disease and what are the different types of tests that are used?
- The Gluten Free Diet: An Overview
- What is a gluten free diet? Which foods contain gluten and which ones are "gluten free"?
- Celiac Disease Videos
- View our complete collection of celiac disease videos! Stay informed with the latest information about living gluten free!
- Celiac Disease and A Real Life Story
- Do you have celiac disease? We would like to introduce our son Nick's story of living with celiac disease...
- Early Signs of Celiac Disease
- Read about the early signs of celiac disease our son demonstrated as an infant and toddler....
- Our Son's Celiac Disease Symptoms
- Our son Nick was diagnosed with celiac disease at age 8. Read about what symptoms he had prior to his diagnosis.
- Celiac Disease and our Son's "Mis" Diagnosis
- Diagnosing celiac disease can be tricky; read how our son's celiac disease symptoms were misdiagnosed by his doctor...
- Celiac Disease Diagnosis; Our Son's Celiac Tests and Results
- Accurately diagnosing celiac disease; read about our son's celiac disease tests, results and recommended treatment....
- A Gluten Free Diet: Our Son's Treatment for Celiac Disease
- Following a gluten free diet can be a challenge, however it is the only known treatment for celiac disease.
- Favorite Gluten Free Food Products
- What are some of your favorite gluten free food products? See some of Nick's favorite GF food items...
- Gluten Free Kitchen
- Maintaining a gluten free kitchen is critical for people with celiac disease. See how we maintain our GF kitchen...
- Eating Out Gluten Free
- The Challenges of Eating Out Gluten Free: Our Tips and Recommendations
- Following a Gluten Free Diet at Social Gatherings
- Following a gluten free diet while attending various social gatherings can be challenging. Read specific examples of how our son overcomes these challenges.
- Gluten Free Travel Tips, Ideas and Suggestions
- Read about gluten free travel tips and recommendations to make your business or vacation trip stress free.
- Gluten Free Restaurant Guide: A Must Have for Gluten Free Dining!
- Struggling to find a reliable gluten free restaurant? Check out this gluten free restaurant guide!
- Online Gluten Free Shopping
- One stop shop for online gluten free shopping! Review our recommended online gluten free food stores!
- Celebrities With Celiac Disease
- There is a growing list of celebrities with celiac disease. See who is on the list..
- Gluten Free Alcohol Beverages
- Gluten free alcohol choices and gluten free beer choices for individuals with celiac disease or gluten intolerance; Which ones are safe?
- Gluten Free Food Choices At Disney's Magic Kingdom
- Traveling to Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom and require gluten free food choices? Find them here!
- Gluten Free Food Choices At Disney's Epcot Resort
- Traveling to Walt Disney World's Epcot Resort and require gluten free food choices? Find them here!
- Gluten Free Food Choices At Disney's Hollywood Studios
- Traveling to Walt Disney World's Hollywood Studios and require gluten free food choices? Find them here!
- Gluten Free Food Choices At Disney's Animal Kingdom
- Traveling to Walt Disney World's Animal Kingdom and require gluten free food choices? Find them here!
- Sources of Hidden Gluten
- Gluten free dieters; beware of hidden gluten! What is it and where does it hide?
- Crohns Disease or Celiac Disease; Is There A Difference?
- Many symptoms of Crohns Disease are similar to Celiac Disease. Read about the common similarities and differences..
- Disclaimer; Gluten-Free-For-Life.Com
- My Disclaimer Regarding My Site; Gluten-Free-For-Life.Com
- Gluten-Free-For-Life.Com Site Search
- Search for specific topics within our gluten-free-for-life.com website..
- Living With Celiac Disease Blog
- The Living With Celiac Disease Blog keeps you up-to-date with all additions and changes to the gluten-free-for-life.com web site. Subscribe here.
- Gluten Free Alcohol Discussion Forum
- Gluten free alcohol discussion forum
- Questions About Celiac Disease and A Gluten Free Diet
- Do you have questions about celiac disease or gluten free diet? Just ask!
- Living With Celiac Disease: "Your" Personal Story
- Everyone has a personal story to tell about living with celiac disease; tell us yours!
- Contact Me About My Gluten-Free-For-Life.Com Website
- Use this "Contact Me" page for questions or comments about my son's real life story of living with celiac disease.
- About Me Page
- Read About Me and why I built www.gluten-free-for-life.com
- How I Built This Site
- How I built this site using Site Build It (SBI)
- Contribute to Celiac Disease
- Would you like to share your knowledge about celiac disease? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.